Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Economy of Baked Goods

So my wife made a butterfly shaped cake today with M&M decorations on it for me to bring into work. The more she bakes, the more I want to sell it - it is so good.

I have been brainstorming about this - and part of it is because I am so obsessed with the economy of WoW. That has caused a hightened awareness and understanding about real life economy.

If you look at the markets, the real winners are in the food industry - especially the comfort food industry. I still see people paying upwards of a dollar for a silly cookie from Mrs. Fields at the train station... And my wife makes better cookies.

So... Since the market is favorable for it, why not look into it?

One thing I need to consider is how to approach it. What will be our outlet? I don't think CraigsList will suffice.

Could my kids sell them as part of a "Lemonade stand" or something? perhaps. I have a feeling that they would eat more than they would sell... and there is a part of me that would feel bad about making them work for my benefit.

So I am thinking about a couple of options - restaurant sales and online outlets like Amazon.

No comments: